Managing a Program is difficult – You worry about schedule, cost, and meeting the warfighter’s performance and readiness needs. The last thing you want is an obsolescence issue and you can’t buy what you need… But it happens! Obsolescence issues are inevitable and it doesn’t matter where you are at in the lifecycle. On February 15, 2017, Ms. Robin Brown, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Lead, and Mr. Ethan Plotkin, CEO, GDCA, shared lessons learned on how to facilitate the implementation of proactive obsolescence management throughout the DOD/Industry in order to minimize readiness, schedule, and cost impacts.
Dealing with Obsolescence
Recent Media Posts
- Learning to Let It Go: Obsolescence Management and an OEM Tale of Woe
- Dan Christenson presents Sustainment is Rapid Refresh
- Peter Sandborn Presents Sustainment is Science (and a Culture)
- Ethan Plotkin Presents Sustainment is the Lowest Cost Path
- Robin Brown presents Sustainment is Metrics for Programs