We are proud to be this year’s pen sponsor for DMSMS. In addition to the amazing workshops and panels lined up, the theme this year is one especially close to use – Managing Obsolescence Risk –How to Optimize Budget, Schedule, and Readiness.
The likelihood of obsolescence is well known; it’s a sure thing. Obsolescence occurs at every phase of a system’s life cycle. The consequences of this obsolescence depends upon a program’s approach to dealing with it. If that approach is not adequate, the negative impacts may be severe.
- From a cost and budget standpoint, programs can be hit with enormous bills to resolve obsolescence issues, usually when those issues are not discovered early enough to find lower cost solutions.
- From a production schedule standpoint, the worst thing that can happen to a production program manager is a schedule slip. Nevertheless, obsolescence, which is prevalent in production, can unfortunately make this nightmare a reality if a program doesn’t learn about it until a failed attempt to buy an obsolete item.
- From a readiness standpoint, every operational commander is worried about the mission capability of his or her equipment. A non-mission capable-supply status can be caused by obsolescence if you don’t know about it in advance.
This Conference is about telling you, in practical terms, how to prevent these negative impacts from happening to you. A program can minimize these negative impacts by proactively managing obsolescence—designing to reduce obsolescence, finding out about issues as early as possible, and taking timely action to mitigate those issues. The breakout and plenary sessions are aimed at giving you key insights that you can use to minimize the budget and schedule risks caused by obsolescence while enhancing future readiness. You will see training and presentations about:
- Obsolescence Management Best Practices and Lessons Learned
- Innovative Obsolescence Management Strategies
- New and Innovative Solutions for DMSMS
- Collaboration as a Key to Success
- Parts Management
- DMSMS Training for DMSMS Practitioners and Managers